Keep calm and stop Coronavirus
We support the current efforts to prevent a second Coronavirus.wave So we’ve decided to make some changes to upcoming events, as follows:
- The HIP Night Out goes virtual. Besides protecting us the virtual event makes it possible to meet dear friends who have left the Rhein-Neckar region.
- The HIP Carousel will be virtual. We are working on an exiting program with speakers and networking opportunites. read more.
Stay at home, support each other when needed, make use of digital tools for cooperation and communication. And above all, stay healthy!
After an exciting year in 2019, we’re looking forward to moving our organisation onwards and upwards in the coming year. Curious to find out more? Take a look at our video message below.
We at HIP know what it is like to move to another country. We have experienced the mixed feelings of joy and anxiety ourselves. Leaving our friends and family behind was tough while building new connections was both exciting and scary! It takes time to feel at home in a new place and HIP is here to welcome international women in the Rhine-Neckar region to connect, share and grow.
Founded in 2007, the Heidelberg International Professional Women’s Forum (HIP) is a dynamic network of international women at work in the Rhine-Neckar area. We are dedicated to furthering our professional and personal development by supporting and challenging each other while sharing our resources and opportunities. HIP is represented by women in business from countries around the globe working at every level in the corporate world across a wide range of industries.
We’re also proud of our entrepreneurs, start-ups, academics, scientists, students, expats and also our members who are currently exploring their next steps in building their professional journeys. It is part of our mission to help women get back into the workforce no matter what their circumstances.
Our membership is free of charge and includes a newsletter with up-dates of coming events and business oriented information.
Come and see what we do!
HIP organizes an interesting program all year round and would love to have you attend and get to know us personally! There are 3 distinct types of events:
- We have a monthly get-together on the second Wednesday of every month for informal networking over dinner and drinks. This allows us to cement real friendships.
- We organize 6 or 7 other events throughout the year with speakers, podium discussions, presentations, or workshops. Most of these events feature professional growth and learning though we also participate in the NCT run to beat back cancer, and we try to have a leisure get together with families every year.
- Every October for the last 3 years we have organized the HIP Carousel – part trade fair, part networking event, part conference with podium discussions and individual mini-presentations. It is a full day affair taking place as part of the local ‘Frauenwirtschaftstage’ sponsored by the State of Baden-Württemberg.
Topics vary with each event but they are all pertinent to any professional woman living and working in the Rhein-Necker region. So we invite you to join in any activity that speaks to you and feel free to bring a friend.
What could HIP mean for you?
As we have an international orientation and because our members come from all over the world we operate primarily in English. That makes HIP a great place to build your English skills. We also encourage everyone to speak up, ask questions and contribute to making HIP an open and dynamic women’s group while building leadership and collaborative experience.
We share connections and job opportunities, and help each other to build pertinent skills and self-confidence nudging everyone to step up in the world of work, whatever field or career you are focusing on.
A club such as ours can only be as good as the members who are
willing to suggest new ideas and roll up their sleeves to make things
happen. We’re sure there’s just the right space for you to deploy your
talents and energy within our community.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Pictures by Dorothée Piroelle